Report Illegal Fishing
The following are infractions to the Fisheries Act:
- fishing by non licence holders;
- fishing in a closed area;
- exceeding authorized catch limits;
- possession of undersize fish, molluscs or lobster;
- the sale of fish caught by recreational fishermen;
- altering, disturbing or destroying fish habitats;
- pollution of the coastal or marine environment.
Anyone wishing to report suspicious fishing activity or habitat violations is asked to contact their nearest Conservation and Protection Detachment (see numbers above) or Crime Stoppers.
To contact Crime Stoppers:
DFO does not assume any responsibility for the quality of information, products or services listed in the websites provided above. Users should also be aware that information from external sources is available only in the language in which it was provided.
- Date modified: