Newfoundland and Labrador Region
The Newfoundland and Labrador Region encompasses over 29,000 kilometers of coastline and a continental shelf of 2.5 million square kilometers. The region has responsibilities in the Gulf of St. Lawrence and includes three international boundaries including the Northwest Atlantic Fisheries Organization (NAFO) Regulatory Area, St. Pierre et Miquelon (France) and Greenland. The region covers an area from nearshore to the Flemish Cap, 320 NM offshore. The region’s headquarters is located in St. John’s and there are three area offices located in Mount Pearl, Grand Falls-Windsor and Corner Brook.
Latest News and Documents
- The Government of Canada Reaffirms Commitments to Oceans Conservation and Protection at Our Ocean Conference in Washington, D.C.
September 16, 2016
- More than $70,000 in fines for illegal fishing activity in Newfoundland and Labrador
August 4, 2016
- Contract awarded for survey of the shipwrecked MV Manolis L
July 26, 2016
- The Government of Canada Invests $68.2 Million in Small Craft Harbours Infrastructure in the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador
July 25, 2016
- Government of Canada Announces New Heritage Lighthouse Designations
July 7, 2016
- Minister LeBlanc Accepts Key Recommendation of Advisory Panel on LIFO
July 6, 2016
- Date modified: