FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO FISH HARVESTERS
September 17, 2020
Cod Fishery Opening in NAFO Divisions 4RS and Sub-Division 3Pn
DFO advises that the directed competitive Cod fishery in NAFO Divisions 4RS and sub-Division 3Pn, for fixed gear vessels less than 65 feet will open at 0600 hours on Saturday September 19, 2020 and close at 1200 hrs (noon) September 20, 2020.
This opening is for the following vessel classes:
- enterprises based in Western NL and Southern Labrador - 4R3Pn (A274, A275, A277, A278, A430);
- enterprises based in 3Ps with overlap rights to 3Pn (A263, A266, A269, A272) must contact 637-4310 to request a condition if they wish to participate.
Fish harvesters are reminded of the following:
- New conditions for this fishery are required and have been released;
- Retention of Atlantic Halibut is not permitted while directing for Cod;
- Buddy-up arrangements must be completed before the opening date in order to be effective for the first week of fishing activity;
- At-sea observer coverage must be arranged before beginning fishing.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Region gives notice that Variation Order 2020-206 has been revoked and Variation Order 2020-238 comes into effect on September 18, 2020.
“Notices to Fish Harvesters” for all commercial fisheries are now available online under the Fishery Notices link on the DFO NL Region webpage at http://www.nfl.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/e0004341
If you would like to have all “Notices to Fish Harvesters” for commercial fisheries sent directly to you by email please contact: email@example.com
- Date modified: