FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO ANGLERS
July 23, 2020
Salmon Rivers Closing in Zone 4
DFO advises anglers that due to extremely high water temperatures and/or low water levels, the following rivers will be restricted to morning angling only effective one hour after sunset on Thursday July 23, 2020.
During this period, angling is permitted from one hour before sunrise to 10:00 am each day, and will be closed to angling from 10:01 am to one hour before sunrise on the following day.
The rivers will reopen as conditions improve. Please refer to page 16 of the 2020 Angler’s Guide for further information on the 2020 environmental protocol.
48. Campbellton River and tributaries, including Neyles Brook and Indian Arm River and tributary streams
49. Dog Bay River including Southwest Brook and all tributary streams
50. Gander River and tributary streams with the exception of:
- Main Stem below Gander Lake
- Northwest Gander tributary
51. Ragged Harbour River and tributary streams
52. Anchor Brook
53. Deadman’s Bay River and tributary streams
54. Windmill Brook
For more information please visit the In Season River Status website at https://inter-j01.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/isrs/report or call the Angling Line at 1-800-782-3058.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Regions gives notice that Variation Orders 2020-046, 2020-047, 2020-048, 2020-049 and 2020-050 have been revoked and Variation Orders 2020-124, 2020-125, 2020-126, 2020-127 and 2020-128 come into effect at 1600 hours on July 23, 2020.
Tel. (709) 772-4968
- Date modified: