FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO ANGLERS
August 11, 2020
Salmon Rivers Closing in Zone 3, 4, 9, 10, 13 & 14A
DFO advises anglers that due to extremely high water temperatures and/or low water levels, the following rivers will be restricted to morning angling only effective one hour after sunset on August 11, 2020.
During this period, angling is permitted from one hour before sunrise to 10:00 am each day, and will be closed to angling from 10:01 am to one hour before sunrise on the following day.
The rivers will reopen as conditions improve. Please refer to page 16 of the 2020 Angler’s Guide for further information on the 2020 environmental protocol.
26. Coney Arm River
27. *Sop’s Arm River, including Main, Doucer’s, Natlin’s, Corner Brook, and all tributary streams
28. Hampden River
29. Wild Cove Brook, White Bay
30. Western Arm Brook, White Bay
31. Middle Arm Brook, White Bay
32. Southern Arm Brook, White Bay
33. Baie Verte River & tributaries
34. Woodstock River
35. *Burlington River
36. Indian River, Hall’s Bay, including Burnt Berry Brook below falls, Davis Brook and Black Brook
37. West River, Hall’s Bay, including Rowsell’s Brook & Barney’s Brook
38. South Brook, Hall’s Bay & tributary streams
39. Tommy’s Arm River & tributary streams
40. Northwest Arm Brook
41. Western Arm River
42. Leamington River
43. Charles Brook, Bay of Exploits
44. Northern Arm River, Bay of Exploits
45. Peter’s River, Bay of Exploits
46. Exploits River & tributary streams
-Section closed to morning angling only: Tributaries below Grand Falls fishway
87. *Branch River, St. Mary’s Bay
88. Great Barasway
89. South East River (Placentia) & tributary streams
90. *Northeast River, Placentia
150. Humber River & tributary streams, (including Adies Lake)
-Section closed to morning angling only: Upper Humber River & tributaries from the headwaters to outflow into Deer lake including tributaries
154. *Lomond Main River, (East Arm, Bonne Bay) including East Branch
*indicates river has closed sections (reference Angler’s Guide 2020-21)
For more information please visit the In Season River Status website at https://inter-j01.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/isrs/report or call the Angling Line at 1-800-782-3058.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Regions gives notice that Variation Orders 2020-171, 2020-172, 2020-173, 2020-174 and 2020-175 have been revoked and Variation Orders 2020-179, 2020-180, 2020-181, 2020-182 and 2020-183 come into effect at 1700 hours, August 11, 2020.
Regional FAM Officer
- Date modified: