FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO ANGLERS
August 18, 2020
Salmon Rivers Closing in Zone 10 & 11
DFO advises anglers that due to extremely high water temperatures and/or low water levels, the following rivers will be restricted to morning angling only effective one hour after sunset on August 18, 2020.
During this period, angling is permitted from one hour before sunrise to 10:00 am each day, and will be closed to angling from 10:01 am to one hour before sunrise on the following day.
The rivers will reopen as conditions improve. Please refer to page 16 of the 2020 Angler’s Guide for further information on the 2020 environmental protocol.
96. Nonsuch Brook
97. Cape Rodger River
98. Bay de L’Eau River
99. Red Harbour River, Northeast & Northwest branches & tributary streams
100. West Brook,, North West Arm, Mortier Bay & tributary streams
101. Tide’s Brook, Mortier Bay, including Main Brook, Shearstick Brook & tributary streams
102. Salmonier River, Burin
103. Little St. Lawrence River & tributary streams
104. Lawn River & tributary streams
105. Taylor’s Bay River, Burin Peninsula & tributary streams
106. Salmonier Lamaline River & tributary streams
107. Piercey’s Brook & tributary streams
108. Grand Bank Brook & tributary Streams
109. Garnish River, including Lower Garnish & Upper or Black River & tributary streams
For more information please visit the In Season River Status website at https://inter-j01.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/isrs/report or call the Angling Line at 1-800-782-3058.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Regions gives notice that Variation Orders 2020-193, 2020-194, 2020-195, 2020-196 and 2020-197 have been revoked and Variation Orders 2020-200, 2020-201, 2020-202, 2020-203 and 2020-204 come into effect at 1700 hours on August 18, 2020.
Tel. (709) 772-2045
- Date modified: