FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO ANGLERS
July 20, 2021
2021-184, 2021-185, 2021-186, 2021-187, 2021-188
Salmon Rivers Closing in Zone 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, and 10
DFO advises anglers that due to extremely high water temperatures and/or low water levels, the following rivers will be restricted to morning angling only effective one hour after sunset on Tuesday, July 20, 2021.
During this period, angling is permitted from one hour before sunrise to 10:00 am each day, and will be closed to angling from 10:01 am to one hour before sunrise on the following day.
The rivers will reopen as conditions improve. Please refer to page 16 of the 2021 Angler's Guide for further information on the 2021 environmental protocol.
29. Wild Cove Brook, White Bay
30. Western Arm Brook, White Bay
31. Middle Arm Brook, White Bay
32. Southern Arm Brook, White Bay
33. Baie Verte River & tributaries
34. Woodstock River
35. * Burlington River
36. Indian River, Hall's Bay, including Burnt Berry Brook below falls, Davis Brook and Black Brook
37. West River, Hall's Bay, including Rowsell's Brook & Barney's Brook
38. South Brook, Hall's Bay & tributary streams
39. Tommy's Arm River & tributary streams
40. Northwest Arm Brook
41. Western Arm River
42. Leamington River
43. Charles Brook, Bay of Exploits
44. Northern Arm River, Bay of Exploits
45. Peter's River, Bay of Exploits
46. * Exploits River & tributary streams
Tributaries below Grand Falls fishway
Tributaries of mid-Exploits from Grand Falls fishway to Red Indian Lake dam
(Note: Main Stem of Exploits River is open)
71. *Bellevue River, Trinity Bay
75. North Arm River, Holyrood
87. * Branch River, St. Mary's Bay
88. Great Barasway
*indicates river has closed sections (reference Angler’s Guide 2021-22)
For more information please visit the In Season River Status website at https://inter-j01.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/isrs/report or call the Angling Line at 1-800-782-3058.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Region gives notice that Variation Orders 2021-175, 2021-176, 2021-177, 2021-178 and 2021-179 have been revoked and Variation Orders 2021-184, 2021-185, 2021-186, 2021-187 and 2021-188 come into effect at 1800 hours on July 20, 2021.
Tel. (709) 772-6319
- Date modified: