FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO ANGLERS
2021-149, 2021-150, 2021-151, 2021-152, 2021-153
July 13, 2021
SALMON RIVERS CLOSING IN ZONE 4
DFO advises anglers that due to extremely high water temperatures and/or low water levels, the following rivers will be restricted to morning angling only effective one hour after sunset on July 13, 2021.
During this period, angling is permitted from one hour before sunrise to 10:00 am each day, and will be closed to angling from 10:01 am to one hour before sunrise on the following day.
The rivers will reopen as conditions improve. Please refer to page 16 of the 2021 Angler’s Guide for further information on the 2021 environmental protocol.
48. Campbellton River & tributaries, including Neyles Brook & Indian Arm River & tributary streams
49. Dog Bay River including Southwest Brook & all tributary streams
50. Gander River & tributary streams with the exception of:
- Main Stem below Gander Lake
- Northwest Gander tributary
- Waters above Great Gull Falls on Great Gull River (tributary Northwest Gander)
- Waters above Big Dead Wolf Falls, including Waters and Caribou Brook (tributary Southwest Gander)
51. Ragged Harbour River & tributary streams
52. Anchor Brook
53. Deadman's Bay River & tributary streams
54. Windmill Brook
For more information please visit the In Season River Status website at https://inter-j01.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/isrs/report or call the Angling Line at 1-800-782-3058.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Region gives notice that Variation Orders 2021-143, 2021-144, 2021-145, 2021-146 and 2021-147 have been revoked and Variation Orders 2021-149, 2021-150, 2021-151, 2021-152 and 2021-153 come into effect at 1800 hours on July 13, 2021.
Tel. (709) 772-6319
- Date modified: