FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO ANGLERS
2021-165, 2021-166, 2021-167, 2021-168, 2021-169
July 15, 2021
Salmon Rivers Closing in Zone 4 & 11
DFO advises anglers that due to extremely high water temperatures and/or low water levels, the following rivers will be restricted to morning angling only effective one hour after sunset on July 15, 2021.
During this period, angling is permitted from one hour before sunrise to 10:00 am each day, and will be closed to angling from 10:01 am to one hour before sunrise on the following day.
The rivers will reopen as conditions improve. Please refer to page 16 of the 2021 Angler’s Guide for further information on the 2021 environmental protocol.
Northwest Gander tributary(on Bay d’Espoir Highway)
- Waters above Big Dead Wolf Falls, including Waters and Caribou Brook (tributary Southwest Gander)
- Waters above Great Gull Falls on Great Gull River (tributary Northwest Gander) Northwest Gander Tributary
111. Bay du Nord River
112. Simmons Brook & tributary streams, Cinq Island Bay, Fortune
113. Southwest Brook & tributary streams, Cinq Island Bay, Fortune Bay
114. Old Bay Brook, Bay de l'Eau
115. Taylor's Bay Brook, Bay de l'Eau
117. Long Reach Brook, East Bay
118. Allen's Cove Brook, Facheau Bay
119. Bottom Brook, Facheau Bay
120. Hare Bay Rivers, Southwest Coast
For more information please visit the In Season River Status website at https://inter-j01.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/isrs/report or call the Angling Line at 1-800-782-3058.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Region gives notice that Variation Orders 2021-160, 2021-161, 2021-162, 2021-163 and 2021-164 have been revoked and Variation Orders 2021-165, 2021-166, 2021-167, 2021-168 and 2021-169 come into effect at 1800 hours on July 15, 2021.
Tel. (709) 772-6319
- Date modified: