FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO ANGLERS
2021-175, 2021-176, 2021-177, 2021-178, 2021-179
July 19, 2021
Salmon Rivers Closing in Zone 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10
DFO advises anglers that due to extremely high water temperatures and/or low water levels, the following rivers will be restricted to morning angling only effective one hour after sunset on Monday, July 19, 2021.
During this period, angling is permitted from one hour before sunrise to 10:00 am each day, and will be closed to angling from 10:01 am to one hour before sunrise on the following day.
The rivers will reopen as conditions improve. Please refer to page 16 of the 2021 Angler’s Guide for further information on the 2021 environmental protocol.
56. Indian Bay River & tributary streams
58. Traverse Brook & tributary streams
59. Middle Brook, including Square Pond Brook & Burnt Pond Brook
60. Gambo River & tributary streams, including Mint Brook, Narrows, Triton Brook, Riverhead Brook & Parsons Brook
62. * Terra Nova River & tributaries, including Maccles Brook
68. Pope's Harbour River, Trinity Bay
69. * Shoal Harbour River, Trinity Bay & tributaries
72. Salmon Cove River, Conception Bay
73. *North River, Conception Bay
74. *South River, Conception Bay
81. *Salmonier River, including Back River below falls
82. Colinet River, including north and east branches
83. Rocky River & tributary streams
84. North Harbour River, St. Mary’s Bay
85. Little Salmonier River, St. Mary’s Bay
86. Big Barachois Brook, St. Mary’s Bay
89. South East River (Placentia) &tributary streams
90. *Northeast River, Placentia
91. Come By Chance River
92. Watson’s Brook, Placentia Bay
93. North Harbour River, Placentia Bay
94. Black River, Placentia Bay below falls
95. Piper’s Hole River
*indicates river has closed sections (reference Angler’s Guide 2021-22)
For more information please visit the In Season River Status website at https://inter-j01.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/isrs/report or call the Angling Line at 1-800-782-3058.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Region gives notice that Variation Orders 2021-165, 2021-166, 2021-167, 2021-168 and 2021-169 have been revoked and Variation Orders 2021-175, 2021-176, 2021-177, 2021-178 and 2021-179 come into effect at 1800 hours on July 19, 2021.
- Date modified: