FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO ANGLERS
2021-237, 2021-238, 2021-239, 2021-240, 2021-241
Aug. 10, 2021
Salmon Rivers Closing in Zone 5 & 6
DFO advises anglers that due to extremely high water temperatures and/or low water levels, the following rivers will be restricted to morning angling only effective one hour after sunset on August 10, 2021.
During this period, angling is permitted from one hour before sunrise to 10:00 am each day, and will be closed to angling from 10:01 am to one hour before sunrise on the following day.
The rivers will reopen as conditions improve. Please refer to page 16 of the 2021 Angler's Guide for further information on the 2021 environmental protocol.
55. Northwest Brook, Indian Bay
57. Northwest Brook, Trinity, Bonavista Bay
61. Northwest Brook, Alexander Bay
64. Salmon Brook, Port Blandford, & tributary streams
65. Southwest Brook, Port Blandford, & tributary streams
66. * Salmon Cove River, Trinity Bay
67. Trouty River, Trinity Bay
70. Deer Harbour River & tributary streams, Trinity Bay
*indicates river has closed sections (reference Angler's Guide 2021-22)
For more information please visit the In Season River Status website at https://inter-j01.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/isrs/report or call the Angling Line at 1-800-782-3058.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Region gives notice that Variation Orders 2021-231, 2021-232, 2021-233, 2021-234 and 2021-235 have been revoked and Variation Orders 2021-237, 2021-238, 2021-239, 2021-240 and 2021-241 come into effect at 1800 hours on August 10, 2021.
Tel. (709) 772-6319
- Date modified: