FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO ANGLERS
2021-248, 2021-249, 2021-250, 2021-251, 2021-252
August 18, 2021
Salmon Rivers Closing in Zone 12 & 13
DFO advises anglers that due to extremely high water temperatures and/or low water levels, the following rivers will be restricted to morning angling only effective one hour after sunset on Wednesday, August 18, 2021.
During this period, angling is permitted from one hour before sunrise to 10:00 am each day, and will be closed to angling from 10:01 am to one hour before sunrise on the following day.
The rivers will reopen as conditions improve. Please refer to page 16 of the 2021 Angler's Guide for further information on the 2021 environmental protocol.
125. Grandy’s River, including Top Pond Brook
126. Cinq Cerf River
127. East Bay Brook, La Poile
128. La Poile River
129. Farmer’s Arm River
130. Garia River, including North West Brook
131. *Burnt Island River (Grandy’s Brook)
132. Isle aux Morts River
133. Grand Bay River
134. North West Brook, Grand Bay
135. Bear Cove River, including Billy’s Pond Brook
136. Little Codroy River, including Cooper’s Brook, Southern Brook & Western Brook
137. * Great Codroy River, including Broom Brook, Ryan’s Brook & Mullchingnic Brook; the North Branch of Great Codroy, including Upper Brook, Lower Brook & Crooked Brook; the South Branch of Great Codroy, including Bullhouse Brook
138. *Highlands River & tributary streams
139. *Crabbe’s River & tributary streams
140. *Middle Barachois River & tributary streams
141. *Robinson’s River & tributary streams
142. Fischell’s Brook & tributary streams
143. Flat Bay Brook & tributary streams
144. *Little Barachois Brook & tributary streams
145. *Southwest and Bottom Brooks & tributary streams
146. *Harry’s River, including Spruce Brook, Little George’s, Meadows Brook, Pinch Gut River, Stag Hill Brook & Gull Pond Brook
147. Fox Island River & tributary streams
148. Serpentine River & tributary streams
151. Hughes Brook
*indicates river has closed sections (reference Angler’s Guide 2021-22)
For more information please visit the In Season River Status website at https://inter-j01.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/isrs/report or call the Angling Line at 1-800-782-3058.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Region gives notice that Variation Orders 2021-237, 2021-238, 2021-239, 2021-240 and 2021-241 have been revoked and Variation Orders 2021-248, 2021-249, 2021-250, 2021-251 and 2021-252 come into effect at 1800 hours on August 18, 2021.
Tel. (709) 772-6319
- Date modified: