FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO FISH HARVESTERS
September 22, 2021
Cod Fishery Opening in NAFO Divisions 4RS and Sub-Division 3Pn
DFO advises that the directed competitive Cod fishery in NAFO Divisions 4RS and sub-Division 3Pn, for fixed gear vessels less than 65 feet will open at 0600 hours on Friday September 24, 2021 and close at 1800 hrs September 25, 2021.
This opening is for the following vessel classes:
- enterprises based in Western NL and Southern Labrador - 4R3Pn (A274, A275, A277, A278, A430);
- enterprises based in 3Ps with overlap rights to 3Pn (A263, A266, A269, A272) must contact 637-4310 to request a condition if they wish to participate.
Fish harvesters are reminded of the following:
- New conditions for this fishery are required;
- Retention of Atlantic Halibut is not permitted while directing for Cod;
- Buddy-up arrangements must be completed before the opening date in order to be effective for the first week of fishing activity;
- At-sea observer coverage must be arranged before beginning fishing.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Region gives notice that Variation Order 2021-272 has been revoked and Variation Order 2021-275 comes into effect September 23, 2021.
Notices to Fish Harvesters" for all commercial fisheries are available online under the Fishery Notices link on the DFO NL Region webpage at https://www.nfl.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/en
If you would like to have all "Notices to Fish Harvesters" for commercial fisheries sent directly to you by email please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: