FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO FISH HARVESTERS
Sep. 15, 2021
3Ps Iceland scallop Fishery Core Area Opening
DFO advises that the 3Ps Iceland scallop fishery in the Core Area will open at 0600 hours on September 17, 2021.
This area will open for Icelandic Scallop only. As per the Conservation Harvesting Plan, Icelandic Scallop in the Core Area is only available by trip permits to historical harvesters. If you meet the criteria and you are interested in fishing Iceland scallop in the Core area in 2021, please contact DFO to request access as there is an application to complete for permits.
The Core Area is defined as that portion of Scallop Fishing Area 11 bounded by a line connecting the following coordinates:
- 46 degrees 52.7 minutes North latitude, 57 degrees 28 minutes West longitude to
- 46 degrees 52.7 minutes North latitude, 56 degrees 29 minutes West longitude to
- 46 degrees 30.0 minutes North latitude, 56 degrees 29 minutes West longitude to
- 46 degrees 30.0 minutes North latitude, 57 degrees 28 minutes West longitude to
- 46 degrees 52.7 minutes North latitude, 57 degrees 28 minutes West longitude.
Fish harvesters are reminded that they must have at-sea observer coverage services arranged before commencing fishing
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Region gives notice that Variation Order 2021-236 has been revoked and Variation Order 2021-269 comes into effect 0600 hours September 17, 2021.
"Notices to Fish Harvesters" for all commercial fisheries are available online under the Fishery Notices link on the DFO NL Region webpage at http://www.nfl.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/e0004341
If you would like to have all "Notices to Fish Harvesters" for commercial fisheries sent directly to you by email please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: