FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO FISH HARVESTERS
June 9, 2021
HERRING FIXED GEAR FISHERY CLOSING IN PORTIONS OF AREA 14
DFO reminds harvesters that the Herring fixed gear fishery (gillnet, trap, bar seine, including tuck seine) in portions of Herring Fishing Area 14 (Cape St. Gregory to Cape Bauld) will close at 0600 June 15, 2021 and will re-open on August 1, 2021 at 0001 hours.
The portions of Herring Fishing Area 14 that will be closed are:
- Ingornachoix Bay and Hawkes Bay, inside a straight line drawn from Spirity Point to the French shore site.
- Castor's Harbour, inside a straight line drawn from Castor Point to Long Point.
- Ste. Geneveive Bay and St. Barbe Bay inside a straight line drawn from Cape Ste. Geneveive to Anchor Point.
- The area inside a straight line drawn from The Arches to Cliffy Point, and the area within one nautical mile seaward of that line.
- Bonne Bay inside a straight line drawn from Western Head to Lobster Cove Point.
These closures are for the protection of migrating salmon.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Region gives notice that Variation Order 2021-071 has been revoked and Variation Order 2021-085 comes into effect on June 10, 2021.
“Notices to Fish Harvesters” for all commercial fisheries are now available online under the Fishery Notices link on the DFO NL Region webpage at https://www.nfl.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/en
If you would like to have all “Notices to Fish Harvesters” for commercial fisheries sent directly to you by email please contact: email@example.com
- Date modified: